This notice is the entire privacy notice for the site at http://www.identityblog.com.
Personal information usage and storage
- In order to leave comments on the blog, I will ask you to provide personal information: a first name, last name, and email address.
- It is not required that your first name and last name correspond to your natural identity. However you must control your working email address.
- Each time you authenticate, I also request your personal identifier – a random number created by your identity provider that I associate with you.
- This information is stored in a WordPress mySQL database protected with a password.
- The first name and last name are retrieved from the database to identify your comments.
- The email address is used as an anchor in case you lose your information card: by proving ownership of the address you can register with another card.
No combining or revealing of information
- The information I collect will not be combined with information obtained from other services and companies.
- The information will not be revealed to other companies or organizations under any circumstances unless I am legally required to do so.
No persistant cookies or tracking of your reading
- If you do not authenticate by using an Information Card or site pass, no cookie is generated and no tracking is done.
- When you authenticate using CardSpace or one-time site pass, I create a session cookie to give you a better experience when leaving comments. The time and IP address of your authentication are stored in an audit database so I can aggregate the data and graph Information Card usage. No other tracking is done.
- The cookie is not reused between sessions.
- Under no circumstances do I track which postings you have read or searches you have done.
- You will never be sent an email except to prove possession of your address during registration.
Updating your personal information
- To change your personal information, change what is in your Information Card. The system will be updated automatically.
This is a personal blog and my goal here is to convey why and how I am using (and will use) any information I ask you to provide. If you have other questions I should answer or comments on my policy, please let me know.